Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Basics

So here's a little information about me:
I'm from a small town in southern New Hampshire. There's not much to do when I go home, but there are some people that I love very much.
I'm double majoring in English and Religious Studies. I am fascinated by the potential of words and the power of faith on a global scale.
I am a coordinator for a program called Family Friends through MOVE (Mobilization of Volunteer Efforts)  - We go to a temporary homeless shelter every week and play with the kids that live there. I love being able to get off campus and see another side of Burlington.
I am an auxiliary editor for the Onion River Review, SMC's literary journal, and this year I am having one of my poems published. You should 'like' us on facebook!
I have a work study in the library as the assistant to the Director of Interlibrary Loans. It's a great job because I'm getting experience and references for my resume. My work is really interesting and I know every nook and cranny of the Library.
I'm planning a study abroad during my junior year to Istanbul, Turkey, where I will study Islam as well as expose myself to an incredibly rich culture. I can't even express how much I am looking forward to my semester abroad.
I read the news every day.
My heroes are Anne Frank, Sylvia Plath, Amelia Earhart, Shabana Basij-Rasikh, and Hedda Gabler.
I am definitely a dog person and my goal in the next three years is to figure out how I can sneak one into my dorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment